MA Monitor 50
The compact Monitor 50s are designed to be placed in a bookshelf type environment and they deliver a surprisingly powerful performance for such small speakers.
The Monitor 50’s modern square cabinets complement the 51/2″ MMP II drivers and 25 mm black C-CAM tweeters. By placing the tweeters in the top corner of the speakers, Monitor Audio has been able to reduce the size of the cabinet and give a unique appearance.
The compact dimensions, driver technology and rear port allow the speakers to perform in the most confined locations. As the cabinet is rear ported, the output is well damped and is suitable for placement close to a wall. A single set of high quality gold plated binding posts provide the connections for a suitable amplifier. The Monitor 50s certainly sound bigger than they look.
- System Format: 2 Way
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz – 30 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL: 109 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS): 70 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 15 – 70 W
- Cabinet Design: Rear ported bass reflex with HiVe II port technology
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 51/2″ MMP II bass mid-range; 1 x 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D)): 206 x 206 x 237.8 mm (81/8 x 81/8 x 93/8″)
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Feet (H x W x D)): N/A
- Weight: 3.56 kg (7 lb 14 oz)
- Sold As: Pair