MA Silver W-12
The Monitor Audio Silver Series subwoofer delivers seismic bass right down to 22 Hz using a powerful, long throw 12-inch driver.
The Silver W-12’s over-specified driver assembly employs a hugely powerful magnet system and massive voice coil to deliver immense power from the compact sealed cabinet. A heavy-duty diecast basket not only holds the massive system rigidly together, but also assists thermal sinking to keep the driver cool.
For the Silver W-12 subwoofer Monitor Audio specified a 500-watt Class-D amplifier and power-supply module from highly-regarded amplifier specialist Hypex; this provides incredible headroom and utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques. A powerful DSP has been employed to deliver the best performance and filter characteristics, while running the unique APC (Automatic Position Correction) system. The APC is a completely in-house development, designed to automatically correct for room modes. It uses a microphone and test tones to calculate detrimental room modes and correct frequency response, optimising it for the room and position. This is a simple and quick automated process that is a complete revelation to the installer and ensures the user can enjoy the subwoofer quality without positioning restrictions.
At the heart of the Silver W-12 lies a sophisticated 32-bit micro-controller, monitoring performance thousands of times per second, ensuring the system can deliver the best possible bass. It will never become over-driven or distorted, even at maximum power.
- Lower Frequency Limit: 20 Hz (Typical IEC room)
- Upper Frequency Limit: 40 – 120 Hz variable
- Low Pass Filter Alignment: Active 4th order 24 db/octave
- Amplifier Output: 500 W continuous
- Amplifier Classification: Class-D amplifier with switched-mode power supply (SMPSU)
- Bass EQ Profiles: 1: Movie; 2: Music; 3: Impact
- Phase Control: 0 & 180 degrees
- Auto Sensing: Line Level >2 mV
- Input Level Requirements: Standby after 20 minutes if no signal sensed
- Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 12″ C-CAM subwoofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3″ long throw voice coil
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V via 3.5 mm mono mini-jack socket
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)): 340 x 340 x 380 mm (133/8″ x 133/8″ x 1415/16”)
- Dimensions (Including Grille, Amp and Feet): 370 x 340 x 410 mm (149/16″ x 133/8″ x 161/8”)
- Mains Input Voltage: 110 – 120 Vac /; 220 – 240 Vac 50/60 Hz (Electronically Auto selected)
- Power Consumption: 400 W / 0.5 W in Standby (ErP approved)
- Weight (unpacked): 20.1 kg (44 lb 5 oz)
- Sold As: Single Unit